Online Office

Welcome to the Online Electorate Office. From this page you can get information on many of the most common requests that we receive. Of course you can still contact us by phone or email but you may find that the links on this page will give you the option of finding the information you need.

What can Curtis help you with?

There are a wide range of matters that the Mulgrave Electorate Office can assist you with.  Should you have any general concerns or issues not specifically related to a Queensland Government Department, Curtis will be only too happy to assist you with contacting the right authority or undertaking further enquiries on your behalf.

State members are able to specially help you with issues related to Education Queensland,  government projects, health services, laws and regulations, public housing, seniors entitlements, and transport to name a few.

Curtis may be able to assist you by:

  • Advising you of your rights
  • Assisting your organisation with grant information
  • Raising your matter with a relevant Minister or Department
  • Raising a matter in State Parliament
  • Tabling your petition in State Parliament

Please contact the Mulgrave Electorate Office for any further information or assistance.

Petitioning Parliament

Petitioning is one of the traditional forms by which citizens can make requests direct to Parliament. A Petition is a formal request signed by at least one person and placed before the Parliament with the object of persuading the Parliament to take some particular action. For example, a petition may request the alteration of the general law or the reconsideration of some administrative decision.

Standing Orders of the Legislative Assembly provide for two types of petitions:


Visit Queensland Parliament ePetitions to locate an ePetition, find out information about its status and, if it is a current ePetition, join the ePetition. The web site also provides information to assist you with starting an ePetition, including an Information Brochure ePetition Request Form and Members of Parliament contact details.

Paper Petitions

The Paper Petitions process is essentially the same petitions process that has been operating in Queensland for over 140 years. It involves a Paper Petition being circulated in the community for signatures and then lodged by a Member.

Please contact the Mulgrave Electorate Office if there is a community issue that you would like to petition the Parliament over.

Request for a letter of support

If you need a letter of support for your funding or grant application, please help us to help you by sending your request in-writing to the Mulgrave Electorate Office.

Important Note: Two weeks notice is generally required for a letter of support. Letters of support are not guaranteed.

Need a Justice of the Peace?

The Queensland Government’s ‘JPs in the Community’ program operates in shopping centres to provide Justice of the Peace services to local communities.  Justices of the Peace volunteer their time, making it easier for you to access JP services and have your important documents witnessed.  The program is currently operating in Far North Queensland at the locations and times:

  • Gordonvale Community Hub – Second Thursday of each month 11am – 1pm
  • Hambledon House Community Centre – Last Friday of the month 11am – 1pm
  • Edmonton PCYC – Every second and fourth Thursday of the month 5pm – 7pm
  • Mt Sheridan Plaza Monday and Wednesday 10am – 2pm and Saturday 9am – 1pm

To find a JP after hours, you can search for a JP in your suburb online.

Request for a Queensland Flag

Organisations, generally not-for-profit or community groups may be entitled to a free Queensland flag if they meet the conditions issued by the Department of the Premier and Cabinet.

Those entitled include schools, tertiary institutions, Scouts, other youth organisations, service associations, welfare organisations, ethnic organisations, sporting clubs, historical societies, museums, show societies, local fire brigades, and the like.

Queensland teachers and students proceeding overseas and who have been accepted into an overseas educational institution are eligible to receive one for presentation to that institution.

Applications may be made by emailing or writing to the electorate office. It takes up to six weeks for the flag to become available. If you need more information regarding eligibility please contact the Mulgrave Electorate Office.

Request for a congratulatory message

If you, a relative or close friend is celebrating a significant birthday (90th  or 100th) or wedding anniversary (50th, 60th, 65th or 70th) please download and complete an official request form. Click here for further information about congratulatory messages.

The request form needs to be signed and witnessed and you will need to provide the other details as outlined on the form.

Please post the original to PO Box 314, Gordonvale QLD 4865.

Electoral enrolment

Are you enrolled to vote, do want to enrol or have you changed address? Is Mulgrave your electorate?

Check your enrolment status or the download the forms to enrol for the first time or ammend your address.

If you are having difficulties with your enrolment please contact the Mulgrave Electorate Office and we will work to fix your problem.