Clubs across Mulgrave will benefit from the Queensland Government’s Get in the Game initiative with successful applicants for the Get Going Clubs funding program announced.
Treasurer and Minister for Sport Curtis Pitt, said eight clubs across the Mulgrave would share in $53,198 worth of funding.
Get Going Clubs provides funding of up to $7,500 to help clubs improve participation opportunities for the community.
The clubs and projects receiving funding are:
• Souths Football Club ($7,500) to purchase equipment including portable goal posts
• Barrier Coast Archery ($6,128) to purchase equipment
• Innisfail Swimming Club ($7,495) to engage an Olympic swimmer to conduct come a try clinics and to purchase new equipment
• Coconuts Outrigger Canoe Club ($7,364) to purchase equipment including a two person outrigger canoe
• Edmonton Junior Rugby League Club ($7,320) to provide training and accreditation in coaching, officiating and first aid
• Edmonton Storm Rugby League Club ($2,400) to attend the QRL club administration course
• Softball FNQ ($7,500) to provide training in coaching, scoring and umpiring
• South Cairns Gymnastics ($7,490) to attend women’s artistic gymnastics team future camp
Mr Pitt said it was great to see so many clubs heeding the call to apply for funding.
“Through this great program, hundreds of clubs throughout the state have received funding to buy equipment and run programs to increase sport and recreation participation opportunities for their members,” he said.
The Get in the Game initiative received a big budget funding boost earlier this year with more than $80 million allocated for the next three years.
“Over the next three years, we’ll see $10.5 million going towards the Get Going Clubs program, one of the four funding programs under the Get in the Game initiative.
“We’re proud to be able to provide even more opportunities for Queenslanders to participate in sport and active recreation at the grassroots level—to get more people outdoors, staying active and maintaining a healthy lifestyle,” Mr Pitt said.
Get in the Game dates and other information can be found at www.nprsr.qld.gov.au/getinthegame