Member for Mulgrave Curtis Pitt today said that men and women of all ages and groups in our community have the chance to be recognised through the Regional Achievement and Community Awards Program, proudly sponsored by the Queensland Government and WIN Television.
“The Awards are about recognising our dedicated individuals and groups committed to promoting our community,” Mr Pitt said.
“The program is designed to reward and acknowledge our unsung heroes, and I am sure we have many worthy contenders in the area who are an inspiration to others each and every day,” Mr Pitt said.
“I ask fellow community members to nominate these worthy people to ensure they get the recognition they deserve through this years Awards”.
Mr Pitt said nominations can be for individuals, businesses or even community projects and are now open in seven categories:
• The Salvation Army Employment Plus Business and Employment Award
• The Bartercard Events and Tourism Award
• The Coffee Club Arts and Culture Award
• The Kleenheat Gas Regional Service Award
• The Golden Circle Environment and Landcare Award
• The Golding Contractors Youth Leadership Award
• The Kleenheat Gas Community of the Year Award
The Major presenters and prize patrons are offering the winners great television exposure thanks to WIN Television, or a $2,500 AwardSaver account thanks to the Commonwealth Bank.
Further information on award criteria and nomination forms can be obtained by phoning the Awards office on 1300 735 445 or visiting www.awardsaustralia.com, or through the Mulgrave Electorate Office.
Nominations close on Friday 31 July 2009.